This Tuesday (March 9, 2015) was a big day for Apple. The company announced the new MacBook and revealed additional details about the Apple Watch. Pre-orders for the wearable will begin on April 10th and will start shipping on April 24th.
The watch has been a much anticipated wearable in both the tech and consumer communities. The device will cost between $349 and $10,000, depending on the style.
There are three collections available.
Apple Watch Sport
Costs $349 for the 38MM and $399 for the 42MM model.
- Cases are made from lightweight anodized aluminum in silver and space gray
- Display is protected by strengthened Ion-X glass
- Matching fluoroelastomer band comes in five different colors
- 10 different models in the collection
Costs $549- $1049 depending on band for the 38MM. The Apple Watch steel 42MM runs $599-$1099 for the same.
- Designed to be worn during all your daily activities, from morning workouts to nights out
- Made of refined 316L stainless steel — an alloy that is remarkably corrosion resistant
- Variety of bands
- 20 different models in the collection
Apple Watch Edition
Costs over $10,000.
- Uniquely elegant and exquisitely designed
- Cases are crafted from 18-karat gold that metallurgists have developed to be up to twice as hard as standard gold
- Display is protected by polished sapphire crystal
- 8 different models in the collection
Take a look at the features of the Apple Watch